Ossett Pictures - Top of Station Road

Previous | Home | Next

The opening of Station Road in 1889 caused an alteration to the flow of traffic in Ossett with various new buildings being constructed either side of the new road towards the Market Place. These included, the Mechanic's Institute, the Liberal Club and the sub post office and chemist's shop of J.W. Cussons, destined to become the Yorkshire Penny Bank.